Rain or Shine Mamma is a personal blog and all opinions expressed here are my own. The posts that I share are for informational and entertainment purposes only and anything you do based on the information provided is done at your own risk. Even though I do my best to stay up to date on the latest research I do not guarantee the accuracy of the content of this site and I will not be held responsible for any damages or losses related to activities that were inspired by my writing. I’m a writer, not a doctor or a lawyer. That means I do not provide medical, legal or any other professional advice. If in doubt, seek out the appropriate professional for advice.
I don’t expect everybody to agree with me and you are free to challenge my opinions. However, I do reserve the right to delete comments that are rude, profane or abusive. Any comments made on the blog, on my various social media accounts and in emails sent directly to me may be used in my future writing, unless you specifically request otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, blog posts, newsletters, columns and books.
Ads and Sponsors
I started this blog out of passion for connecting children with nature through outdoor play and adventure, not to make money. However, I am part of Amazon’s affiliate program in order to offset some of the costs that are associated with running a blog. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of my ads or affiliate links, I get a very small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my work to get kids back outside!
Occasionally, I will review, give away and/or promote products on the blog. Please trust that I always share my honest opinion and, unless stated otherwise, only highlight products and companies that I personally have tried and love. By sharing information about things that I believe in I hope that you will benefit as well.
Privacy and Integrity Policy
This policy was updated on May 4, 2019, to comply with EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. (Better late than never, right?)
Who collects your information?
Rain or Shine Mamma, a personal blog about connecting children with nature, is run by me, Linda McGurk. I’m most likely to be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you prefer, by snail mail or phone:
2605 W. County Home Rd.
Covington, IN 47932
Ph: +46 793 012016
What kind of information do I collect?
I only collect and process personal information about visitors of this blog when it is absolutely necessary, typically in the following ways:
- When you comment on a post, I receive your name, email address and IP address, and your message is stored on my server. By commenting on my posts, you consent to me processing this information.
- When you sign up for my newsletter/RSS feed, I receive your email address and – if you choose to submit it – your name. This information is necessary in order for me to deliver the newsletter as you have requested and by submitting it, you are consenting to me processing it.
- When you contact me through my contact form, I receive your name and email address. By submitting this information, you are consenting to me processing it.
- When you participate in a giveaway or contest, I collect information such as your name and email address. In some instances, for example if you win a giveaway or contest, I may request your address as well. By submitting this information, you are consenting to me processing it.
- When you browse this blog, it collects cookies in order to collect data for Google Analytics and customize the ads that you see. You can turn off cookies at any time by changing the settings in your browser. Collecting this information is in the legitimate interest of this blog, as it helps me determine which content is of the most interest to my readers.
Is your information shared with others?
Rest assured that I’ll never sell your information to marketers, sales people or any other third parties. Your information is only shared with third parties when it is necessary in order for me to provide you with a service or for me to fulfill my end of a bargain. I only share your data with third parties when:
- You have agreed that I may do so.
• I use other companies to provide services on my behalf, e.g. sending mail or emails, hosting and maintaining my website.
• I run an event, contest or giveaway in partnership with other named organizations and your details need to be shared. When this is the case, what will happen to your data is clearly stated when you register.
• We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, supporters, customers and sales to describe our services and operations to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics won’t include any personally identifying information.
- You have agreed that I may do so.
If you’re a resident of the EU, I technically share your personal information with a third country, since this blog is based in the U.S.
This disclosure statement can be changed anytime without notice.
How long is your data stored?
I have no interest in hanging on to your personal information any longer than necessary. When you sign
You have the right to ask me to remove your personal information from our records at any time. I’ll fulfill your request as soon as possible, unless I’m legally unable to do so, and will notify you promptly.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors: